Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pretty sad...

I think it probably speaks volumes that my 9 yr. old has her own blog & yet I've managed thus far to avoid creating one of my own! It's due to the fact that the whole concept of the blogging world intimidates me! I really do enjoy reading all my friend's blogs so I thought that I'd quit avoiding this "scary" task! (Jody is currently supervising my progress!) Where do people even start when beginning one of these?? Maybe I'll give you a quick summary of the past year or so & then I'll attempt to update as we go!! Cam has put his ADD to good use the past few years by deciding to try a little of this & a little of that! He does cars still & has really done well in the real estate world in the recent past! He loves coaching the boys soccer team at Bountiful High. They're incredibly entertaining to spend time with! I would love to say I'm a "stay-at-home" mom but I just don't know if that description quite fits! I haven't "stayed" in one place for too long ever since giving birth to my 1st child! It's more like constant, frantic movement!! Running children to & from football, soccer, basketball, scouts, YM, dance, gymnastics, achievement days, play dates, and anywhere else their little hearts desire monopolizes my time! I do enjoy it though! I find that I feel OLDER now that I'm in my 30's! I spent the day of my 30th birthday running my 3rd marathon. (Somehow I must've thought that running 26.2 miles would take me further away from old age!) I try to tell myself that the best is yet to come & I believe it is! I miss my kids being babies & snuggling with me all day- but the relationships I have with my teenagers are surprisingly terrific!! To have mature conversations & see how they are maturing & discovering themselves is so great! To be honest though- I'm not so fond of them being as tall as I am! We've spent the past year going camping to Bear Lake, Downata & Lava Hot Springs, going to soccer tournaments in Vegas & Denver, visiting my dad in Hawaii (my kids loved the ocean & beg to move there!), & spending time with family & friends in Deer Valley, Park City, St. George, Lake Powell, & cruising the Caribbean! Any given day in the summer you could find our family at Cherry Hills soaking up the sun. (Do you notice the reoccuring "sun", "beach", & "warm weather" theme? Makes you wonder why we choose to live in Utah, doesn't it?!) Our lives have been non-stop & show no signs of slowing down anytime soon! I'll leave you all with that for now (although I probably lost you many, many sentences ago!)

4 comments:

chelon:) said...

it's about time you started doing this! it looks great. i look forward to reading up on your fam. i miss you terribly. if you need to get away from the cold, come to texas. last week we were at 86 degrees!!! crazy. anyway...fyi, it's a GIRL!! yeah! which means we are done. now i can move on to that next phase in life. it sounds great :) love you girl. xoxo

Sara said...

Your blog looks great!! Im addicted! Like you I have a lot to learn, but it is fun. Keep blogging :) and I look forward to seeing what the Winquists are up to!!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Welcome to "blogworld":) What a cute fam - and I loved reading your blog - fun!!

Heistermanfamily said...

Yeah! It's about time.... It's pretty sad that I have to read a blog to keep up on what's happening in your family especially when I live just a little ways down the street. However thank goodness for technology. What would we do without it in this fast paced life we all live? Hope your foot feels better soon!!! Love ya!