Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Saved by the Bell!





Just when I was sure I'd lose my mind because of all my children's constant bickering & fighting- school starts!! That's how it is every year at the end of summer! They have reached the point where we've spent SO much time together that everything everyone does gets on everyone's nerves- especially mine!! Please don't get me wrong- I absolutely love & adore my children! But a few hours of my own to work uninterrupted is purely priceless! Hooray for school- heaven bless the teachers who will spend their time giving my children an education! It means I can get work done and not feel guilty about neglecting my kids! I know where they are, what they are doing & more importantly- they're loving it too!!! I'm so excited at this point that I won't even belly ache about homework- YET! (That comes later on in the year when I begin to forget how glad I was school started & then we begin to look forward to summer! It's a vicious circle of emotions!) Anyways- excited for all the kids. As you can see- there are no pics of Drew or Colby. They were way too cool for that this year! Drew is now a sophmore at Davis High & loving it! So weird for me cause I swear it feels like yesterday that I myself was in high school! Colby is loving 8th grade! Jody is excited about 5th grade & of course Jessie is thrilled to be in 2nd grade! The weirdest change for me is Sadie baby starting preschool! She's going to Tiffiny's Flowerbox Preschool & yesterday was her 1st day! She loved it! She did so well when we dropped her off- no tears (okay- maybe a few from me!). Hopefully, this excitement & the novelty of being back in school lasts for a long time!!! (fyi Tami took the pics of my girls & emailed me them- I can't figure out how to make them bigger. But I will get it fixed later- until then, bear with me!!)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I don't think you need to feel bad. I think that school really does give moms a chance to gane sanity again before the next summer! haha structure seems to be good for kids as I am learning even now with a toddler.

Hey did you ever think of a time to get pictures done of your cute family!

Jordan said...

Oh! Cute little Sadie! I still can't believe all your kids are in school! Ryan, Mac, and I will have to come watch Drew play a football game this year!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Yeah! I love school too, and Adri starts next week and I am almost counting the hours:) Cute Sadie, I am glad she went with no crying - Adri had a fit her 1st day last year - ugh...