Saturday, September 20, 2008

Work, work, and more work!

The last couple months have been full of me trying to catch up on the mountains of paperwork that I had previously been avoiding! I set a goal to get caught up on all the Autoboss paperwork, Btfl condos paperwork, & get the pawn shop on an accounting system- all by the time we go to Hawaii at the beginning of November. I'm happy to say that I've done 2 of the 3. The pawnshop paperwork & accounting is a BEAST! It's new & confusing & I'm struggling to figure out the best way to track everything. I'm offering up some sure signs to support my conclusion that I'm working way too much lately!-
First: Cam's office chair has a permanent imprint of my buttocks! No joke!
Second: I've found that the paperwork follows me into my dreams! Seriously, who dreams about paperwork???
Third: Have you seen the state of chaos that my house is in at the moment? For those of you that have witnessed the aftermath of the Winquist children cyclone- I apologize!
Lastly: I'm soo unable to focus & do well at anything else! Can't get up in the morning for workouts (sorry again for sleeping in today Tami), can't be a good friend to all of you & do all the "neighborly" things I'd like to do, & can't perform well in the mothering department (yep, sent Sadie all dressed in orange w/her orange show-n-tell on RED day! oops- orange is next week!)And the worst part of it is this- I'm blogging about it due to the sad truth that I'm too exhausted to walk the 3 feet it would require to get the camera so I'd be able to blog about something somewhat interesting to all of you! Instead- you get this! By the way- it's 1:36 AM & I'm so exhausted, I can't sleep! Too much on my mind & can't shut it down. I think this will go down in history as one of the most pointless blog posts ever! Sorry- I love you all & thank you for your patience as I attempt to slay the paperwork dragon so I can come out & play again soon!

7 comments:

Jenny H said...

I love that when I clicked to your blog "Buy you a drink" was playing. I love that song - it played like 14 times at the club the night I went in LA. Good memories...
Oh - and forget the work for a while. Go have some fun. Although I am one to talk, I was up when my cell phone buzzed that I had a new message at 1:30 am the other night. Oh yea...that message was yours:)

chelon:) said...

oh nat!! you need a break :) good thing you are taking a vacation in the next bit!

can't wait to see you :) xoxo

Tami Harris said...

One thing at a time my dear! You amaze me. I have a total melt down over not being able to get my house cleaned and while you had to hear me feel sorry for myself I think you got like seven things acomplished! P.S. I forgive you! :)

Brooke said...

Nat, I think you are amazing. At least you are blogging. Mine has yet to be updated since August! That is due to the fact that I can't bring myself to look through boxes for the software to my camera. Lazy! I have been too busy trying to clean a house that never is!
PS. Congrats to Drew on having his dad back! That is so awesome! You are the cutest family ever!

Jordan said...

All I have to say is "Super Mom!" Is there anything that you can't do?

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Ah - if only we could have a few days off from EVERYTHING right! Hang in there - and I don't think this post was pointless - I always enjoy hearin' from Nat...

Melanie Bingham said...

I loved this post. So real! By the way the quickest way to get rid of all your paperwork is to put it in piles on the floor and wait to file it, because the next day a valve will burst and your basement office will flood. I've tried it.