Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"K" is for Kangaroo Zoo


Alright- so- I'm very behind on our summer alphabet days!! Unlike last year, I've decided skipping around is okay. Jenny was sweet enough to invite us to go to Kangaroo Zoo yesterday. Now- even tho this is embarrasing-I'll still share: when she said Kangaroo Zoo, I for some reason thought- an actual zoo! I know- I'm a goober! I thought, "wow, maybe it's some sort of petting zoo for like Australian animals or something"! Ya- it was definitely not one of my more intelligent moments, I admit!! But, the kids were still happy to spend time playing on all of the fun inflatable toys they had there. I took Tami's 3 kids while her & Megan were home with the stomach bug. They all played for a couple hours & enjoyed themselves being wild as they wanted! (PS- I was making a big effort to be a "good, fun, interactive mom" & play with the kids on all the slides, etc. However, I think it's pretty overrated- due to the multiple raspberries I received on my elbows & ankle from the toys! Maybe I'm better off just watching from the sidelines!)

3 comments:

Jenny H said...

Before you got there Des and I snuck Deak down that huge slide and I swear I broke a rib for real.
I think I am old.
BTW, I think there are Kangaroos at the zoo maybe - Try there :)

chelon:) said...

way to get your butt up there! i just sit on the sidelines and watch the kids. i am afraid that i will pop the things! they just don't feel sturdy to me :) what an awesome mom!

AJ Gorham said...

Looks like a blast! I am amazed you find the time to play so much...you are the hardest working woman I know! I AM SO GLAD you do take the time to play!