Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Halloween '08




This year the girls all took the task of "costume finding" upon themselves! Which I was more than happy to let them do! It's no secret- Halloween has never been among my top holiday choices! I wouldn't necessarily say I "hate" it- but it comes pretty close to that extreme! Mostly because of the pressure to come up with a costume that is the cutest, or the scariest, or the most creative! UGH! Well- proud to say that this is what the girls chose- and I let them handle almost every single detail! Thanks to Amy M & Rach for the loan on the costumes- you're lifesavers!! The girls had a blast tho- they enjoyed the warm weather for trick-or-treating (as did I!) & practically ran from door to door the entire time! I'd put in pics of Drew & Colby- but both were off with friends at parties. Hard for Mom to handle, I must admit, that Drew got picked up in front of me by a car full of cute girl friends of his to go to a party & Colby was with his "girlfriend" as well watching scary movies with the rest of their friends! AHHH- growing up WAY too fast!! But I'm thankful for the wonderful weather we were blessed with that night & I'm thankful for the fact it's all over with- until next year! ;0}

4 comments:

Heistermanfamily said...

I love that Jess wanted to wear that costume, make sure you tell her that I think she looks awesome in it!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Cuties! Did you say "girlfriend" for Colby - WHAT!?!?! Is he already into girls? I can't believe it - crazy!

Tami Harris said...

What a great job they did!! So cute! Funny you don't like the holiday much, Jeff would rather skip the day completely and has felt that way since he was little! ha.

Jenny H said...

I am impressed with the girls' costumes as well...I think that is a great idea for next year. Ab will have to fend for herself!!!
PS - I really like Colby's girlfriend; I know her from work, and she is a sweetheart. But, Colby is great catch, so I wouldn't expect anything less:)