Monday, November 10, 2008

Jody & Mom's date to "Mom & Miss"



Jody & I had a blast at our date- which was her "Mom & Miss Halloween Party" for her Achievement Days. Her leaders did a great job on the whole night- yummy food, tons of dessert, a scary, haunted house/halls/rooms put on by the infamous spook-alley master, Ray Maple, and lots of fun games! I'll have to try to post the pic they took of us there if I get it soon- but for now- here are the pics Cam took before we left! Like I said in the previous post- I HATE the whole costume finding thing! So- yea, we took advantage of things we had on hand & I let Jody decide where to go with it all! She thought it was fun- so did I! Although, I must admit, putting the walking boot back on for the sake of the costume, brought back some bad memories of having to wear it for week after week this past Feb when it was broke! UGH! It was so nice to be able to peel it off at the end of the night & know that I could run on it just fine now! Jody had fun being crazy that night! That's definitely one of the most endearing things to me about Jody (although some might find it odd)- I adore the fact that my Jody is so comfortable in her own skin! It is my goal to raise children that know who they are & what they stand for. I want to instill self-confidence in them all & I'm not quite sure how to do that! But somehow- it just comes natural to my cute Jody! Call her confident, call her a tom-boy, or just call her gross if that's how you feel- but I LOVE it! I love when she lets a big one rip (which would make most girls blush & never claim the fart)- but my Jody just grins & says "my bad"! Don't get me wrong- she knows when to make sure she minds her manners- but she also loves, loves, loves to act as goofy as possible! She hams it up for sure! Jody couldn't care less what people think of her or what she does or what she wears or says (for the most part, she does still have feelings though!) & I hope she never wavers! I pray she always stays true to herself & lives her life to the fullest in the fun, care-free way she does now! I love you Jody- thanks for the fun night!!!

7 comments:

Heistermanfamily said...

Great costumes actually! You did a good job of coming up with what you had, I'm not sure I could have been so clever? Happy your back from Hawaii, can't waite to see those pixs soon. Love ya

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Ha - LOVE it! What great costumes - you would be the person to have all of the materials for this one:)

Brooke said...

Nat- Looks like you have been up too a bunch of fun! Tell Colby that I think he is a stud! I am so proud to say that I know a state champ. Also, love the Halloween stuff. The girls were my cutest trick or treaters! They ran away and sang "Happy Halloween" in unison! I hope my girls decide that they like each other enough to do that type of stuff together some day!

Jordan said...

Ha ha- I love the fact that you were able to put together your costumes without a trip to the store! It looks like you guys had such a blast! Jody looks more and more like you each day; she is beautiful. Hope to see you guys soon.

chelon:) said...

you are one hot mama!! what great costumes without spending the money!!

congrats colby too! what a great experience.

love ya girl!

Jenny H said...

This party sounded like a ton a fun! I actually really can't wait until Ab's old enough for this stuff. You both look adorable.

Justin and Kenzee said...

I love the costumes! Jody is so cute! You guys have the gross flu?! That stinks I hope your feeling better! That's been going around the Taylor fam, but me and J haven't gotten it (yet)! I want to hear all about Hawaii and see some pics! Congrats Colb that's awesome!