Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Drew's 1st High School Dance


Drew got asked by this cute girl, Kenzie Isbell, to Davis High's Christmas Dance. She left a cute, big gift box on the front step that had a witty poem asking him to the dance. He then unwrapped the box, only to find another, smaller box that was also wrapped. And so went the steps repeatedly until he got to a very small box that was just covered in duct tape and virtually impossible to cut into. Once he did, he found a note that said to go check out in his mailbox. He found there some candy with an envelope with her name on it. It was almost as exciting for Cam & I as it was for Drew to go through the process of answering her back. Cam & I both thought of a way- we bought over 200 different Christmas cards. Drew wrote on many of them, things like "almost there", "not the right card", "tired yet?", "e=mc2", and silly stuff like that! Then we stuffed and sealed all the cards, put them perfectly fit into a gift box, wrapped it all up, and then but a giant bow on it with a witty little poem telling her to get searching for the right card where she'd find her answer. Little did she know, it wasn't in there! After dropping the box off onto her doorstep, ringing the doorbell, and running, we returned about 30 min later with a box of chocolates with a single card that said on the outside "sorry- we forgot this one" with the answer of "yes" written inside of it! (She reported a few paper-cuts!)It was so fun to do that with him! Just as fun as it was to help him shop for his 1st suit, a shirt to match her dress, order his corsage, and review all the dating etiquette that we expected from him! He was extremely excited! The big group he went with went to breakfast that morning, then ice skating, then all stopped here for hot chocolate. Then after the dance, they all came here to watch a movie. Drew loved his 1st dance, said it was totally "sick"- don't worry, that means "awesome, great, terrific, wonderful". (teenage lingo, geez!) I'm so glad he had such a great experience! It's things like that that make high school such a fun phase in our lives!! I hope he has many fun dances to come in his future! I love that kid! And he makes a handsome date, if I do say so myself!

9 comments:

Melanie Bingham said...

You are 'sick' (meant in the good way). How fun are you guys! He looks very handsome!

Sonia said...

He's not old enough to date...It makes me feel old to see him growing up so fast!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Wow - I loved reading this post and seeing the pics - it makes me remember the fun dances and things I did in High School! You are getting me a little excited to have Kendalyn be older - but not too much:)

Jordan said...

Such a HANDSOME boy! I'm glad you guys decided to let him go!

chelon:) said...

oh my goodness!! high school dances! crazy :) he was just a kid yesterday! and a good lookin' kid he is!

Jenny H said...

Drew looks so grown up. He was so fun to see at the church the next day, you could tell he had so much fun.

o said...

That is so awesome. What fun memories. I know that moment is going to come way to fast with Dax!

Heistermanfamily said...

wOw Drew looks so sharp! He must be a real heartbreaker, you better keep him locked up....

Brooke said...

Drew looks like a cutie! I agree with keeping him locked up! I am so glad that he had fun!