Thursday, February 5, 2009

St. George Girl Getaway


































Sorry for the butt load of pictures! But there's not one thing about this weekend that I want to forget! My good friend, Lori, has a family condo down in St. George & we've been talking about doing a girl's weekend for ages! I'm so glad she finally put it together! I must admit, I kinda had a crummy attitude about it at first mainly because I'm a mom & I get the "guilt" factor going on & because it seems like it's such a pain in the butt to actually get ready to go! But- we drove down Thurs night & the fun BEGAN!! We slept in, hot tubbed, soaked up some nice St. George sun, ate a ton, went to In & Out Burger & Texas Roadhouse (yum!!), saw a couple movies, played around the world ping pong where I attempted to practice the ancient art of pinging the pong & ended up with a couple welts on my tush cause I lost!!, played games which was full of total nonsense, some purring, & lots and lots of great belchin'! let's not forget Rock Band! There was some spooning, some secrets shared, & most of all- so much laughing that my cheekbones & abs were aching!! I love these women! They are a total blast to hang with! Low key- kick back- nonjudgemental- and hilarious! Wow- I soooo needed a weekend like that! We were goofy as all get out & it made me come back home feeling rested, relaxed, and ready to be a better mom & wife! Girl's weekends or even girl's nights ROCK!!!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

I think it should be illegal to have that much fun! lol!! And your hair is really cute with those curls

Brooke said...

Looks like you had fun!
Good for you!

Lori Conger said...

Your blog is so fun! You are such a riot! And I can't say enough times how much I love your family pictures--gorgeous!!

Jenny H said...

What a blast...I am glad you have such good friends. What great attributes you listed of them. I am so jealous of your texas roadhouse and in and out eating...

Heistermanfamily said...

Amen!! We had a blast! This should become a tradition....Thanks for being the best friend a girl could ask for! I love ya!!!!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

I loved all of the "goofy" girl pics and I am so glad you got to know my cousin's wife Lisa - isn't she so great!!!

Amy said...

What a blast! I need one of those getaways!

chelon:) said...

this looks like way to much fun!! girls weekends rock! someday we should do one...come visit me!! PLEASE :)

Anonymous said...

Oh to be in Jr High again!! I miss my girls too! Looks like you had tons of fun! I loved all the pictures - you are such a fun person!

UtahHomesToGo.com said...

I saw on KSL.com about your family photo being used. I find that wrong! Is there anything you can do about it?