Monday, July 7, 2008

"E" is for Ebleskiver







My mom came to my house to help me & my cousins, Rach & Patty, learn how to make Danish Ebleskivers like my Oma used to make us! It was a riot! We "mis-measured" the flour, the sugar (5 tsps- not 5 cups!), & spilled the egg whites! After starting over, we began the process of cooking them at the stove! Yes- me wearing the goggles was a joke! :0) I really respect how my grandma used to spend hours at the stove making these for family parties cause all of our backs were aching at the end of the day! We ate them as fast as they were made & got the stamp of approval from the taste-testers aka- the kids! Only Sadie said she didn't care for them (picky picky)! It was fun to get together & learn a tradition that I hope to pass down to my children! I only wish my Oma were here to teach us herself! Thanks Mom for standing in! & thanks to Rach & Patty for the laughs! I wasn't quite sure if the tummy ache I had afterwards was from laughing or from eating so many of them dipped in powdered sugar! Probably both!!

4 comments:

Heistermanfamily said...

It was fun! Your mom was a trooper to come up and teach us how to make these because they are a back breaker! Thanks for letting us use your house to create this great memory! I love ya!

Sara said...

Looks like tons of fun!! My mom would make ebleskivers every once in a while and put a little raspberry jam in the middle of them. Really dangerous...because I could eat way too many! The movie sounds cute too! I was sad we couldn't come, sounds like I need to get my kids out to see it! Looks like the Alphabet days are going well!! Lots of fun!!

Ashley said...

Okay I tried to make those last week and burned them all! YOu need to teach me how to do it with out burning them....and what your recipe was to make them. I only tried a premixed pancake mix. We still ate them a loved them but I think they could be better.

chelon:) said...

yummy...i think??? looks like fun!